A. ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS – REMINDS OF US OF JESUS PRESENCE.
1. Gives courage to the faint.
2. Inspires to service, knowing that Jesus is with us (Matt. 28:19).
B. BACKGROUND:Contact me for background information.
C. THIS HYMN IDENTIFIES SEVERAL TIMES WHERE WE CAN KNOW CHRIST IS WITH US.
"Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go, Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade; Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid."
A. WHEN WE WALK WE JESUS, WE FOLLOW HIM (John 8:12).
1. A way of describing discipleship (John 8:31-32), abiding in his teaching (2 John 9).
2. Walking with him is walking in the light (1 John 1:6-7).
B. FOLLOWING JESUS IS SAFETY.
1. We are promised his presence (Matt. 28:19-20).
2. He knows our distress (Matt. 10:28-31)
3. He will deliver from out enemies (2 Tim. 4:18; Matt. 5:10-12).
4. And temptation (1 Cor. 10:13 è Heb. 4:16). Makes intercession (Heb. 7:25).
C. OUR DEAREST JOY IS IN OUR FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM (Phil. 4:4, 7).
D. 2 Thess. 1:7; 1 John 4:18 è 1 John 4:4).IN CHRIST (
"Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone; Other friends may fail me, He is still my own;
Though His hand may lead me over drearest ways, Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise."
A. SOMETIMES WE FIND OURSELVES IN SITUATIONS LIKE PAUL, WHEN OTHERS REALLY DID FORSAKE HIM
1. Impending doom (2 Tim. 4:6).
2. A dark dungeon(2 Tim. 4:9-16).
3. A bright presence (2 Tim. 4:17-18).
B. IT MAY SEEM THAT THE DREAREST WAYS ARE AHEAD (Psa. 63:1).
1. God sees and knows (Psa. 139:7-10).
2. Jesus being with us is cause for Phil. 4:4-5; Heb. 13.15)(
"Anywhere with Jesus, over land and sea, Telling souls in darkness of salvation free;
Ready as He summons me to go or stay, Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way."
A. THE GREAT COMMISSION IS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN (Mark 16:15-16).
1. God’s power to save is in the gospel (Rom. 1:16; 1 Cor. 1:21).
2. But it must be preached (Rom. 10:13-15).
3. It’s propagation is dependent on a chain reaction (2 Tim. 2:2).
4. The need is humongous (Matt. 9:36-38).
B. Titus 3:1).(
"Anywhere with Jesus I can go to sleep, When the darkening shadows 'round about me creep;
Knowing I shall waken nevermore to roam, Anywhere with Jesus will be home, sweet home."
A. “ANYWHERE” MIGHT JUST INCLUDE THAT TIME WE ALL FEAR (Heb. 9:27).
B. BUT WE ALL KNOW DEATH IS NOT THE END (John 5:28-29).
1. Strange words from Paul (Phil. 1:21).
2. We have this promise (John 14:1-3; 2 Cor. 5:1).
3. And we have this desire (2 Cor. 5:6-8).
4. We don’t want to miss out (2 Cor. 5:9).
"Anywhere, anywhere, Fear I cannot know; Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go."
A. ANYWHERE WITH JESUS IS A SONG OF FAITH AND TRUST.
B. ARE YOU READY TO GO WITH JESUS, FOLLOWING HIM DAY BY DAY?