A. SOME ATTITUDES AND THOUGHTS OF INFIDEL DESCRIBED HERE.
1. vs. 4. "He will not require it." - God doesn't mean what he says.
3. vs. 6. "I shall not be moved ... have no adversity." - Doesn't need God's help.
4. vs. 11. "God hath forgotten. He hideth his face." - God doesn't know.
B. WHAT IS AN INFIDEL? infidel (KJV) 2 Cor 6:15; 1 Tim 5:8. unbeliever(ASV).
C. OTHER INDICATIONS OF INFIDELITY.
A. HEARD TO SAY:
1. "That doesn't make any sense." "Seeing is believing."
2. "Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails"(John 20:24-28).
B. ABRAHAM BELIEVED AGAINST HOPE( Rom. 4:16-25 ).
C. YET GOD HAS NOT LEFT US WITHOUT WITNESS( 1 John 1:1-3 ).
A. BLINDED BY THE GOD OF THIS WORLD( 2 Cor. 4:4; Phil. 3:19 ).
B. IN WHOM SATAN TAKES THE SEED AWAY( Luke 8:12 ).
C. SOMETHING ELSE MORE IMPORTANT( 1 Sam. 15:23; 2 Thes. 2:10-12 ).
A. HOLDS TO BIBLE TERMINOLOGY, BUT NOT PRINCIPLES.
1. Sadducees - No resurrection. They got to make a living.
2. Modern preachers - Believe nothing. They got to make a living.
3. Social gospel. Does do much good. Wrong target.
B. THOSE WHO "PLAY CHURCH." ARE WE JUST PRETENDING?
A. DON'T HARBOR DOUBTS( Heb. 3:12, 17-19 ).
B. AT THE ROOT OF ALL SIN( 1 Pet. 1:5; Eph. 6:16 ).
C. THE RESULT OF UNBELIEF IN OUR LIVES.
1. Deny the faith( 1 Tim. 5:8; Titus 2:6-8 ).
2. 1 Tim. 1:18-19. Shipwreck concerning the faith.
A. 1 Cor. 6:1, 6. SHARP CONTRAST.
B. UNBELIEVERS ATTEND SERVICES( 1 Cor. 14:23-24 ).
C. THOSE WHO BELIEVED DID WHAT?( Acts 8:12; 2:41 ).
A. THOSE BELIEVING GOD AND HIS WORD, WILL NOT IGNORE EITHER.
B. SOME SEARCH, SEEKING FURTHER KNOWLEDGE, INTENT ON DOING
GOD'S WILL AS IT IS DISCOVERED.
C. BEWARE LEST DELAY MEAN INFIDELITY.