Concerning Which Salvation
A. BEGOTTEN UNTO A SALVATION( 1 Pet. 1:3-5 ).
B. SALVATION A SOURCE OF GREAT JOY( vs. 6-9 ).
1. In spite of great suffering - the proof of our faith.
2. "The end of your faith" - Not the conclusion, the object.
C. SUBJECT OF THE PROPHET'S CURIOSITY - OURS, TOO.
A. 1 Pet. 1:10-12.
1. The prophets sought & searched -- a Mystery.
2. Object of their search - "Concerning which salvation."
3. Revealed by the Spirit.
a. For out benefit and understanding.
b. Thru them that preached the gospel unto you.
B. 1 Cor. 2:6-16.
1. God's wisdom in a Mystery( vs. 6-9 ). Hidden.
a. Rulers didn't know.
b. Planned before the worlds.
2. Object - God's wisdom( 1:22-24; 2:2 ).
3. Revealed by the Spirit( vs. 10-16 ).
a. We know the things given by God. - We have the mind of Christ.
b. Which things we speak - Using the Spirit's words.
C. Eph. 3:3-5.
1. The Mystery - not made known.
2. Object - the Grace of God( vs. 2 ). The promise of the Gospel( vs. 6 ).
3. Revealed by the Spirit( vs. 5 ).
a. Unto his holy apostles and prophets.
b. "As I wrote ... when ye read ... make all men see."
D. THIS SALVATION THEN IS THE OBJECT OF BEING BORN AGAIN, THE STEDFASTNESS OF OUR FAITH AND THE SUBJECT OF THE PROPHETS.
A. THE MISDIRECTION OF MODERN DAY INTERPRETERS.
B. THE PROPHET'S JIGSAW - THE FINISHED PICTURE.
C. PETER'S LESSON IN Acts 3.
1. Circumstance of Lesson - the heeling( vs. 11 ).
2. Point - Glorify Jesus( vs. 12-13 ).
a. Whom ye denied, delivered up and killed.
b. God raised him up, The Holy & Right One, The Prince of Life.
a. We are witnesses( vs. 15 ).
b. The healing( vs. 16 ).
c. The prophets.
D. HOW DO THE PROPHETS FIGURE IN?
1. vs. 18. "All the prophets ... he thus fulfilled." How?( vs. 14-15 ).
2. vs. 22-23. "Moses as an example.
3. vs. 24. "All the prophets ... told of these days."
4. vs. 25-26. Summation.
E. EXHORTATION( vs. 19-21 ).
1. The only roadblock to complete fulfillment is their failure to
a. Sins blotted out.
b. Seasons of refreshing.
c. Coming of the Christ or Messiah.
d. Restoration of all things.
e. If they would only repent.
2. vs. 21. Dilemma of future tense. 2 possibilities.
a. Has if happened or is it future?
b. Peter speaks from the viewpoint of Jews ... same as prophets.
c. "Restoration of all things"( Matt. 17:9-13 ).
- What were they waiting for?
- What did Jesus say about it?( vs. 12-13 ).
- How did he express it?( vs. 11 ).
A. THE OBJECT AND FOCAL POINT OF ALL INSPIRATION.
B. CHRIST IS RESTRAINED UNTIL WE REPENT.