Consequence of Sin
A. ALL OF US HAVE DONE IT - SINNED.
B. WE ALL NEED TO BE INTERESTED IN THE CONSEQUENCE OF SIN.
A. CONSEQUENCE, "a result of an action, process." ( Webster ).
1. 1 John 3:4. "Lawlessness" - anomia, either going beyond or omitting ,
transgressing, lawless. A disregarding of the law.
2. 1 John 5:17. "Unrighteousness" - adikia, perversion, wrong, injustice. That
which by nature is wrong.
3. Heb. 3:12. "Unbelief" - apistas, ( John 16:8-9 ).
4. Rom. 14:23. "That which is not of faith."
5. James 4:17. "Sins of omission."
A. ADAM AND EVE WERE THE FIRST ( Rom. 5:12 ).
B. BUT WE HAVE OUR SINS( Rom. 3:9-10; 23 ).
1. We are free moral agents( Josh. 24:15 ).
2. We can sin, we can accept or reject God's will( Rev. 22:17 ).
C. WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN SINS, NOT ADAM'S
( Rom. 5:12; Ez. 18:20 ).
D. HOW DOES SIN COME ABOUT? ( James 1:13-15 ).
A. WHAT HAPPENED TO ADAM AND EVE( Gen. 3:16-19 ).
1. Because we are all physical heirs of Adam, we inherit that which was
physically his - physical death( Heb. 9:27; 1 Cor. 15:20-22 ).
2. But we are born innocent, spiritual descendants of God( Acts 17:28 ).
3. Only when we sin, do what Adam did, do we become his spiritual offspring,
and then we do inherit his guilt( Rom. 5:12; 3:23 ).
B. WHAT IS SPIRITUAL DEATH?( Eph. 2:1, 12 ).
C. 2 Thess. 1:7-9; Jude 13; Mark 9:47-49.
A. HOW DOES JESUS DO THIS?( 1 Pet. 1:18-19; 2:24 ).
B. WE FELLOWSHIP JESUS' DEATH IN BAPTISM( Rom. 6:3-4 ).
C. Heb. 5:8-9; Matt. 7:21.
A. WOULD YOU WALK IN A NEW LIFE, FREE FROM SIN?
B. ARE YOU WALKING THAT WAY?