A. EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING IS IN CHRIST (vs.3).
B. THE CHURCH IS THE FULNESS OF HIM (vs. 22-23).
1. A part of God’s eternal purpose (Eph. 3:10-11).
2. Built by Jesus (Matt. 16:18).
3. At the price of his blood (Acts 20:28).
4. Jesus is the church’s only head (Eph. 1:22; Eph. 4:5).
C. WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE CHURCH JESUS BUILT AND THE
BLESSINGS CHRISTIANS RECEIVE IN CHRIST?
D. CAN ONE BE SAVED AND NOT BE IN THE CHURCH?
E. WHERE DID GOD PUT SALVATION?
A. SALVATION IN THE ARK.
1. The sinfulness of man (Gen. 6:5-9) Noah found grace.
2. The destruction of the flood and the ark of safety (vs. 13-14, 19; 7:23).
3. Noah’s faith saved him (Heb. 11:7; 1 Pet. 3:20-21). How?
4. Noah was a preacher of righteousness (2 Pet. 2:5). Get in the boat!
5. That nut with the boat! And those animals! Couldn’t we find a better cruise ship?
B. SALVATION IN THE HOUSE WITH BLOOD ON THE DOOR.
1. The first Passover (Ex. 12:1-16, 21-23).
2. What if they went not into the house? Get in the house!
C. SALVATION IN THE SHIP (Acts 27:21-44).
1. Paul warned them not to leave Crete (vs. 27:21).
2. Warns them not to leave the ship (vs. 22-24).
3. Sailors seek to leave by lifeboat after finding land. Paul stops them (vs. 30-32).
4. The ship destroyed, but all 276 people aboard survive (vs. 43-44).
5. If you are already on the ship, Stay in the boat!
A. SALVATION FROM WHAT? (Matt. 1:21; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:1).
B. WHO NEEDS IT? (Rom. 3:23).
C. GOD PUT SALVATION IN CHRIST.
1. Every spiritual blessing (Eph. 1:3).
2. Eternal life (1 John 5:11).
3. Forgiveness of sin (Col. 1:14; Gal. 3:24).
4. A NEW creature (2 Cor. 5:17).
D. Rom. 6:3-4. BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST.
1. Into his body, the church (1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 1:22-23).
2. Rom. 5:10. Reconciled how? (Eph. 2:16). In one body (Eph. 4:4).
3. Where are the saved deposited? (Acts 2:47 KJV).
4. Therefore, tho we are saved as individuals, it may be said that Jesus is the Savior of
the body, the church (Eph. 5:23).
E. SALVATION IS IN CHRIST, THE SAVIOR OF THE BODY.
F. THE BODY, THE CHURCH, IS THE FULNESS OF HIM (Eph. 1:23).
G. SALVATION IS IN THE CHURCH!
A. GET IN THE BOAT!
B. STAY IN THE BOAT!