A. THE BIG LIE
Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels was the master of the “big lie” tactic in which a lie,
no matter how outrageous, is repeated often enough that it will eventually be accepted as truth.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can
be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or
military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to
repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest
enemy of the State.”
B. THE BIG LIE: Homosexual behavior is the result of genetic make-up.
1. Evidence based on research by those who have a motive – Twin studies, Dean Hamer.
2. Evidence to the contrary is suppressed – Masters & Johnson.
3. Opponents threatened with ad hominem slurs and argument. I am not homophobic.
C. THE BIBLE IS IGNORED OR MISREPRESNTED. LET’S TELL THE TRUTH.
1. Man’s great need.
2. God’s solution ( Gen. 2:18-25 ).
A. AFTER THE FLOOD ( Gen. 11:1-9 ).
B. SODOM (Gen. 13:13 ).
1. Their sin ( Gen. 19:1-11 ).
2. The effects of their sin ( ch. 19 ).
a. Destruction ( vs. 12-13 ).
b. Disbelief & worldliness ( vs. 14-17, 26 ).
c. Incest – a form of fornication ( vs. 31-38 ).
A. WITH MEN ( Deut. 23:17-18; 1 Kings 14:24 ).
Kedesh, “Male prostitute, homosexual.”
B. BEASTS ( Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23; 20:15-16; Deut. 27:21 ).
A. Lev. 18:22. ASSOCIATED WITH CANAANITE, NOT NECESSARILY IN WORSHIP.
B. Lev. 20:13. LAWS REGULATING CHASTITY. DOESN’T INVOLVE WORSHIP.
1. Penalty – death!
2. An abomination ( Rev. 21:8 )
A. “FORNICATION” – “OF ILLICIT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE” (Vine).
“EVERY FORM OF SEXUAL UNCHASTITY.” (ISBE).
B. Heb. 13:4. SEX IS TO BE HAD IN MARRIAGE ( Eph. 5:3-5; 1 Thess. 4:1-8 ).
1. God’s answer ( Rom. 7:2; Eph. 5:31-33 ). Wife, gune, woman. Same word.
2. Lasciviousness condemned ( Gal. 5:19-21; 2 Pet. 2:1-2; Jude 4 ).
“denotes excess, licentiousness, absence of restraint, indecency, wantonness.”
C. Jude 7. STRANGE FLESH ( Gen. 19:5-7).
D. Rom. 1:26-27, 31-32. PAUL TELLS US WHAT “VILE PASSION” IS.
“Changed the natural use, against nature, leaving the natural use of a woman, burned in
their lust toward one another, men with men, unseemliness.
Without natural affection ( 2 Tim. 3:3 ).
E. 1 Cor. 6:9-10.
1. Effeminate, malakos, “soft, soft to touch, men who are voluptuous.” ( Vine ).
2. Abusers of themselves with men, arsenokoites ( 1 Tim. 1:10 ).
- “a male homosexual, pederast, sodomite” – ( A&G ).
F. Heb. 13:4. Marriage as God gave it to be honored. - koites, marriage bed undefiled.
A. SPEAK OUT, STAND FOR THE TRUTH ( Eph. 10-13 ).
1. Love the sinner.
2. Hate the sin ( Jude 22-23 ).
3. 1 Tim. 5:22; 2 Cor. 6:14 – 7:1; 1 Cor. 15:33.
B. OBEY THE LAW ( 1 Pet. 2:13-17 ).
C. REMEMBER YOUR FIRST OBLIGATION ( Acts 5:29 ).
A. BOTH THE OT & NT CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY.
B. CHASTITY IS DEMANDED FOR BOTH HOMO AND HETEROSEXUALS.
C. THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS REPENTANCE ( 1 Cor. 6:9-11 ).