A. WE WANT TO CENTER OUR THOUGHTS ON vs. 15.
1. Has to do with priorities. What the Lord wants comes first.
2. "Lord willin'." Do we mean it?
B. NEEDS TO BE STUDIED, MEDITATED ON.
A. REQUIRES SACRIFICE( Luke 22:42 ).
1. A crucifixion of self( Rom. 12:1; Gal. 2:20 ).
a. Who rules?( 1 Pet. 3:15; Mat. 6:24).
b. Who do we love the most?( 1 John 2:15 ).
2. Priorities( Mat. 6:33 ).
B. REQUIRES COMMITMENT.
1. Not easy( Luke 13:24 ).
2. Requires caution( Eph. 5:15-16 ).
3. Nobody will get there by accident !
a. Anything worth having has a price.
b. Example of commitment - Paul( 2 Tim. 1:12 ).
C. REQUIRES DOING( James 1:22; Mat. 7:21 ).
A. SO MANY RELY ON FEELINGS - "I JUST KNOW GOD WANTS ME TO..."
B. GOD DOES HAVE PLAN FOR EVERYONE ( Eph. 3:8-9 ).
C. HOW DO I KNOW WHAT IT IS? WHERE IS IT FOUND?
( 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:3 ).
D. SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS:
1. What must I do to be saved( Acts 2:38 ).
2. Personal life - habits, recreation, associations, etc.
3. Divorce and remarriage,
4. Submission to authority( 2 Pet. 2:9-10 ).
A. THERE IS NO "CALVINISTIC" TYPE CALLING. ALL CALLED THE SAME
WAY TO THE SAME THING( 2 Thess. 2:14 ).
B. THE PRINCIPLE OF THE BODY( Rom. 12:3-8 ).
1. According to our talents( Matt. 25:14-30 ).
2. As we have opporunity( Gal. 6:10; Titus 3:8; 2:14 ).
3. Ability + opportunity = responsibility.
4. What can I do? Test yourself. Try => develop more talent
( 1 Tim. 4:18: Heb. 5:12-14; 2 Cor. 9:10-11 ).
5. What does God demand?( 2 Cor. 8:12 ).
6. But remember lest you become discouraged( 1 Cor. 12:15-20 ).
C. WHAT ABOUT SPECIFIC THINGS, LIKE WHO I SHOULD MARRY AND
SHOULD I MOVE HERE OR THERE? THINGS THAT ARE UNIQUELY
1. If God doesn't reveal it, it is left up to us.
2. God expects to be wise in our judgments
( James 1:5-8; Eph. 5:15; Col. 4:5; James 3:13 ).
3. Where does wisdom begin?( Prov. 1:7; 9:10; Matt. 6:33 ).
4. In making decisions such as these, we must first consider what is right, then
what is most expedient to a godly and fruitful life.
D. DOES GOD EVER INTERVENE? WHAT ABOUT GOD'S PROVIDENCE?
1. Providence simply refers to what God provides.
2. God's expectation of us?
a. Be content( Phil. 4:11-13 ).
b. Humble yourself to accept what God gives( 1 Pet. 5:5-7 ).
c. Commit to doing his will whereever and whatever( 1 Pet. 4:19 ).
3. Deut. 29:29. We will never know everything.
A. DO YOU STILL MEAN IT?
B. IT WILL BE EVIDENT IN YOUR LIFE.