A. SIN IS A REALITY( Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:10 ).
B. THE CONSEQUENCE OF SIN( Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:1 ).
C. WE NEED OUR SINS TO BE REMOVED OR "REMITTED."
D. TEXT TELLS US BAPTISM IS UNTO REMISSION OF SINS. DOES THIS
MEAN BAPTISM IS NECESSARY?
A. EXAMINE Mark 16:16 FOR THE ANSWER.
1. Doesn't say, "He that believeth and is saved can be baptized."
2. What does it say? "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved."
3. Illustration: My telephone 1-602-898-3651.
B. EXAMINE( Acts 2:38 ).
1. vs. 36. Peter accuses the Jews.
2. Their question: "What shall we do?" About what?
3. Peter's answer and explanation -> he gives the purpose.
4. Peter's use of the word "unto" or "for." eis, "To denote purpose,
in order to,...for forgiveness of sin, so that sins might be
forgiven." ( Arndt and Gingrich Lexicon ).
5. Same wording used in Matthew 26:28 by Jesus.
A. Eph. 1:5-7. "...in whom we have our redemption..."
B. Rom. 8:1. "There is therefore no condemnation...IN Jesus."
C. Col. 1:13-14. "...in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins."
D. Acts 4:12.
E. HOW DOES ONE GET INTO CHRIST SO THAT REMISSION OF SINS CAN
BE OBTAINED? ( Gal. 3:26-27; Rom. 6:3-4 ).
A. Matt. 7:21.
B. CHRIST'S WILL( Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:16 ).
C. BAPTISM, THEREFORE, IS FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.
A. Acts 22:10. "WHAT SHALL I DO, LORD?"
B. "IT WILL BE TOLD THEE."
C. WHEN WAS PAUL SAVED?
D. ANANIAS WAS SENT TO TELL HIM. WHAT DID ANANIAS TELL PAUL?
( Acts 22:16 ).
E. THEREFORE, BAPTISM IS FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.