A. NEGLECT OF SIMPLE THINGS CAN HAVE FAR REACHING RESULTS.
1. Destroys home, lives, cars, houses, children, etc.. - Pool, health, yard.
2. Loss of the soul through neglect.
B. NEGLECT CAN BE SEEN BEHIND OUR EXCUSES.
1. I didn't have time.
2. I forgot.
C. WE CAN NEGLECT UNTIL ITS TOO LATE TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE.
HOW SHALL WE ESCAPE?
A. SOME NEGLECT TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL( James 1:21-25 ).
1. We were created in Christ for good works( Titus 2:14 ).
2. We belong to God as instruments of righteousness( Rom.6:12-13 ).
B. SOME NEGLECT TO PREPARE FOR GOD'S WORK.
1. 2 Pet. 3:18. There is a reason for this.
2. 2 Tim. 2:15. Hah! do we do this? Where will your Bible be between now
and Wednesday night?( Heb. 5:11-12 ).
C. MANY HERE THIS MORNING NEGLIGENT OF WORSHIP( Heb. 10:24-25 ).
1. An appreciation of the sacrifice( vs. 19f. ).
2. Many benfits from attendance. Not just to take the Lord's supper
3. Fellowship( vs. 24 ). "I feel left out." "I don't know anybody."
4. Many would give their lives for your opportunity!
D. Jeremiah 48:10. "CURSED BE HE THAT DOETH WORK OF THE LORD
A. FELIX, THEN AGRLIPPA, HAD THESE EXCUSES( Acts 24:24-25; 26:26-28 ).
B. James 4:17. HOW MUCH TIME DO WE HAVE?( vs 14; 2 Cor. 5:20-6:2 ).
C. THEN THERE ARE THESE( Luke 14:16-24; 9:57-62 )