A. OUR IMAGE OF SATAN IS THAT HE HAS A TAIL.
B. JESUS SAYS THAT SATAN IS A LIAR.
1. He is the father of lies (John 8:44; Rev. 20:10; 21:8).
2. He lied about God, and he lies about God’s children (Rev. 12:10).
C. PETER SAYS THAT THE DEVIL IS STILL AT WORK (1 Pet. 5:8)
D. SO ARE HIS SERVANTS (2 Cor. 11:13-15).
E. SATAN COMPARED TO LIONS AND DRAGONS.
1. Lions and Dragons have Tails, and the Devil has Tales.
2. There are some “nots” in the devil’s tales.
A. “YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE.”
1. Satan added just one word to what God said (Deut. 4:2; 12:32; Prov. 30:6).
2. How much poison ruins the stew (2 Kings 4:38-40; Gal. 1:6-7; Rev. 22:18-19).
B. SATAN WOULD HAVE THEM AND US BELIEVE YOU CAN’T FALL.
1. What does God say (1 Cor. 10:12; Heb. 3:12; Gal. 5:4).
2. He tells we cannot sin as God’s children (1 John 3:6-9).
1 John 3:9
This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" … The
present active infinitive … can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," … A great deal of false
theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense … here. Paul has precisely John's idea
in Rom 6:1. (A. T. Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament)
(1 John 1:8-10; 2:1-2).
C. WE DON’T HAVE TO FALL (2 Pet. 1:9-11).
A. HE SAYS IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL (Mark 16:15-16). FALSE INTERPRETATIONS.
1. “He that believeth and is NOT baptized shall be saved.”
2. “He that believeth and is saved may be baptized.”
3. “He that eats and digests shall live, he that eats not shall die.”
4. Why the emphasis on faith? In that day form was more importance than faith.
B. EVERY CONVERSION IN ACTS INCLUDES BAPTISM.
1. Acts 2:38, 41. Unto remission of sins. They that received his word.
2. Upon hearing Jesus preached (Acts 8:35-36; 16:32-33).
3. After Paul saw the light, believed, and prayed, was he saved (Acts 22:16).
C. PETER AND BAPTISM (1 Pet. 3:21).
1. Compared to the water of the flood as the agent of salvation.
2. Baptism doth also now save us - kjv
D. PAUL ON BAPTISM (Rom. 6:3-7).
1. Where we fellowship him in his death. We share in his death, and it becomes ours.
2. That we might walk in a new life.
3. In baptism our old man was crucified with him that …
a. the body of sin might be done away,
b. that so we should no longer be in bondage to sin.
E. AN ACT OF FAITH WHERE WE PUT ON CHRIST (Gal. 3:26-27).
A. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH (Heb. 10:25; Acts 2:42).
B. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STUDY THE BIBLE (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2:15; Acts 17:11).
C. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FULLY REPENT (Rom. 6:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; 2 Pet. 2:20).
D. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE DISTINCT (Rom. 12:2; Matt. 26:73; 1 Tim. 2:9).
D. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRAY (1 Thess. 5:17).
E. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LOVE EVERYONE (Matt. 5:23-44; Rom 13:9).
F. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STRIVE FOR UNITY:
1. Doctrinal (1 Cor. 1:10)
2. Personal (Eph. 4:1-3).
a. Loving and Forgiving Attitude (Col. 3:12-14).
b. Seek peace and pursue it (1 Pet. 3:11; Matt. 18:15; 5:23-24).
A. DON’T BE DECEIVED BY THE NOTS IN THE DEVIL’S TALE.
B. LET YOU SECURITY REST IN WHAT GOD SAYS IN THE BIBLE.