MY RESPONSIBILITY TO BEAR FRUIT
A. A TRUE CONVERT WILL MAKE EFFORTS TO TEACH HIS LOVED ONES.
1. The true convert is one because of a concern for his own spiritual welfare.
2. The true convert loses his attitude of self-centeredness and becomes aware
and concerned about the spiritual welfare of others( Phil. 2:1-4 ). Show me a
person who is concerned for his own spiritual welfare, and I will show you
one who is concerned for the welfare of others.
3. It is reasonable to expect then, that the convert will show interest in bringing
others to Christ. We need to place a great deal of emphasis here.
B. THE WORD "FRUITFUL" SUMMARIZES ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF
CHRISTIANS( John 15:8; Rom 7:4; Luke 8:9-15 ).
1. What will a true convert make an effort to do?
2. "By this My Father is , that you
; so you will be My ."
A. LIVING A FRUITFUL LIFE MEANS BEING PRODUCTIVE, CONTRIBUTING
POSITIVELY TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH HE FINDS HIMSELF.
B. There are many areas in which a Christian should be
productive and fruitful...as a family member, as a citizen,
on his job, and in the spiritual realm.
C. two things must BE UNDERSTOOD ABOUT FRUITFUL CHRISTIANS.
1. There is no other kind of Christian than a "fruitful" one.
2. To be a fruitful Christian one is productive in many areas. In others
words, we do not restrict this to "teaching home Bible studies" or making
"sick calls." Being "fruitful" embodies one being productive of good in all
areas where God has given us some responsibility.
D. Hopefully we have little trouble being fruitful in most
areas. But one area give us all trouble. That is the
responsibility to teach others.
1. What does it mean to be fruitful?
2. Name some areas where we are expected to bear fruit?
A. THE GREAT COMMISSION CARRIED OUT IN JUST 29 YEARS!
1. Mat. 28:19. Given in 33 A. D.
2. Col. 1:6, 23. Paul says that the gospel was preached to every creature.
3. Acts 2:41; 47; 4:4; 4:32; 5:42; 6:7; 8:4, 12; 11:19-20; 18:8; 19:10.
B. HOW DID THEY DO IT?
1. Not by building and unlocking the doors on Sunday morning in hopes that
someone would happen in.
2. Acts 5:42; 8:4. They went everywhere teaching the Word. Today we just
C. Today our religion seems to be "church building centered."
1. Which is more important, "holding services" or saving souls?
2. Personal evangelism is so demanding and time-consuming that it serves as a
real test of spiritually.
a. Mat. 7:16. What may we conclude if there is no fruit?( John 15:1-6 ).
b. Those who are not spiritual will never do this work.
c. One must be truly converted to Christ.
1. "Go therefore and make disciples of ,
them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, them to observe all things that I have
commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
2. How long did it take to carry out the Great Commission?
3. How was this accomplished?
4. What serves as a real test to spirituality?
A. "Mass evangelism" ( depending on preachers, meetings, radio, etc. ), has
never been the exclusive method of teaching the gospel.
1. Jesus taught publicly, but much of his teaching was on a personal basis.
2. Very few of those who are invited to services ever come. Something like 3%.
3. Only 20% of Americans regularly attend services( once a week ).
4. It is very hard to get our own members to come as they should. Why should
it be any different with regard to lost people?
B. The secret is to take the gospel to the masses, not wait for
them to come and get it( John 1:40, 41 ).
A. Acts 2:42, 46; 8:4; 20:20; 2 Tim. 2:2; 1 Pet. 3:15; Jude 3.
B. Heb. 5:11-14.
1. What is the secret to bearing a lot of fruit in evanelism?
2. "For though by this you ought to be , you need
someone to again the first principles of the oracles of
God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food."
A. Enthusiasm for teaching others the truth will be a carry-
over from our having learned the truth.
B. There is no joy equal that of seeing one whom we have
taught become obedient to the Gospel.
C. How many people will be in heaven because of your
efforts? Will you be there because OF your efforts?