Text: 1 Cor. 15:1-4
A. GOSPEL - "GOOD NEWS" - SAME ROOT AS "EVANGELIST."
B. OUR TEXT TELLS US MUCH ABOUT THE GOSPEL.
I. "WHICH I PREACHED UNTO YOU"
A. WHAT DID PAUL PREACH? ( 1 Cor. 15:3-4 ).
1. The cross is central in his preaching ( 2:2 ).
2. Includes all that Jesus taught ( Matt. 28:19-20 ).
3. Excludes teachings of men ( 1 Cor. 1:22-24; Col. 2:8 ).
4. The cross is the foundation of what is taught ( 1 Cor. 3:10-11 )
B. WHERE DID PAUL GET THE GOSPEL? ( Gal. 1:11-13 )
1; The Holy Spirit was the agent of Jesus ( 1 Cor. 2:10-13,16 ).
2. Paul preached and wrote ( Eph. 3:3-5 ).
II. "WHICH ALSO YE RECEIVED"
A. EVEN THE RULER OF THE SYNAGOGUE ( Acts 18:8 ).
B. OPEN-MINDED, NARROW MINDED ( Acts 17:11 ).
C. THE CLOSED MIND IS CONDEMNED ( Acts 18:6 ).
III. "WHEREIN YE ALSO STAND"
A. CALL TO FAITHFULNESS ( 1 Cor. 15:58; 16:13).
B. BUT STAND IN THE STRENGTH OF GOD ( 1 Cor. 10:12; Eph. 6:10-11).
IV. "BY WHICH YE ARE ALSO SAVED"
A. THE POWER GOD USES ( Rom. 1:16-17 ). INFORMATION:
1. About the sacrifice of Jesus.
2. About our expected responsed ( Titus 2:11-12 ).
B. WE MUST OBEY THE GOSPEL ( 1 Pet. 1:22; Heb. 5:8-9 ).
V. "EXCEPT YE BELIEVED IN VAIN"
A. NOT CONSIDERING FAITH WITHOUT WORKS. THEY HAD OBEYED.
B. NOT CONSIDERING THOSE WHO FALL. - "WHEREIN YE STAND."
C. WHAT COULD CAUSE THEIR ENACTED ON, HELD FAST FAITH TO BE IN
VAIN? ( see ftnote. and vs. 13-14 ).
D. ANY SUBSTANCE TO THEIR FAITH? WAS JESUS RAISED? ( vs. 5-6 ).
E. WHAT BEARING DOES THIS HAVE ON US?
1. If we have faith it is not in vain ( vs. 2 ; 2 Cor. 4:13-14).
3. Our resurrection is unto life ( John 5:28-29 ).]
A. WE MUST OBEY THE GOSPEL FOR IT TO SAVE.
B. WHAT DOES THE GOSPLE DEMAND OF ME?