"She Hath Done What She Could"
A. SMALL ACCOUNT OFTEN CONFUSED WITH OTHERS.
B. SOME THINGS ABOUT IT:
1. Occurred in the house of Simon the Leper, not Lazarus.
2. The woman is unidentified.
3. Her precious gift was criticized.
4. Jesus memorializes her. Why? "She hath done what she could?"
C. WE REMEMBER, BUT THE WAY JESUS INTENDS?
A. WHY WERE WE REDEEMED( Titus 2:13-14 ).
B. WE ARE THE INSTRUMENTS OF GOD( Phil. 2:12-14 ).
C. GOD HAS WORK FOR US, THAT IS WHAT WE MUST DO:
1. Doing summed up in obedience to his Son( Heb. 5:8-9; John 3:36 ).
2. It is not ours to decide what to do( Matt. 7:21 ).
3. Authority vested in Jesus( Matt. 28:18; Col. 3:17 ).
3. James 2:22.
D. DOING EVEN INVOLVED IN SALVATION( Acts 9:6; 2:37-38 ).
A. THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS( Matt. 25:14-30 ).
B. WHAT GOD EXPECTS:
1. Fruit bearing( John 15:8 ).
2. According to our ability( 2 Cor. 8:12 ).
3. Refuses half-hearted service or leftover quality( Mal. 1:6-8; Heb. 6:9-12 ).
A. THE CHURCH IS COMPARED TO A BODY( Rom. 12:4-5 ).
B. EACH MUST DO HIS PART( Rom. 12:6-8, 11 ).
C. RESULT( Eph. 4:15-16 ).
A. ARE WE GIVING THE LORD OUR BEST.
B. WHAT MUST WE DO?