A. SICK WITH SIN NEED PHYSICIAN.
B. EPIDEMICS CAPTURE ATTENTION BECAUSE OF COMMON DANGER.
C. SPIRITUAL EPIDEMIC IN THE CHURCH. WE NEED TO KNOW WHY AND
WHAT ARE THEM SYMPTOMS.
A. TOO MANY DON'T REALIZE WHAT THEY'RE GETTING INTO.
1. Seriousness illustrated here( Acts. 5:1-13; 7:54-60 ).
2. Jesus warns us( Luke 9:23-25, 57-62; 14:25-33 ).
3. The apostles constantly remind( Rom. 12:1; 1 Pet. 4:19 ).
B. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS STATE?
1. Elders, preachers, parents, brethren.
2. Personal responsibility( Matt. 15:13-14 ).
A. UNGODLY ASSOCIATIONS.
1. Repeated warnings( 1 Cor. 15:33; 2 Cor. 6:14 - 7:1 )
2. We want to please & impress our associations( Rom. 12:2 ).
B. FAILURE TO ATTEND BIBLE STUDIES AND WORSHIP.
1. Not the cause. A symptom, sometimes the first seen, but last before death.
2. Hebrews 10:24-25. The command of God.
3. vs. 19-29. A contrast of attitudes.
C. FAILURE TO SECURE HELP OR SET ASIDE TIME TO STUDY.
1. Three reasons for study:
a. So that we might know how to live( 2 Tim. 3:16-17 ).
b. So that we might teach others( Heb. 5:11-12 ).
c. So that we might defend our beliefs( 1 Pet. 3:15 ).
2. 2 Timothy 2:15. Are we skilled workmen?
3. Why don't I study more? No interest, don't know how.
D. UNGODLY FORMS OF RECREATION.
1. What are some of the forms of recreation we engage in? Name them.
2. Some questions to ask:
a. Is it lawful?( Eph. 5:3-5 ).
b. Does it detract from my love for the Lord?
c. Influence( Matt. 5:13-16 ).
d. What effect will it have on my brother?( Matt. 18:5-6 ).
e. What effect will it have on me?
E. MORE EMPHASIS ON WORLDLY RELATIONSHIPS
( 1 John 2:15-17; Luke 14:26 ).
A. FULL COMMITMENT TO JESUS CHRIST( 2 Tim. 1:12 ).
B. FULL COMMITMENT TO HIS WILL( Gal. 2:20 ).
C. FULL COMMITMENT TO HIS WORK( Titus 3:1 ).
D. FAITH IN HIS POWER TO SAVE( 2 Tim. 1:12 ).