A. THE GOSPEL IS "THE POWER!"
1. Its power is in the information it gives( vs. 17 ).
2. It is from God, his choice in manifesting his mind and power.
3. Anything more or different is useless and wrong.
B. SOME IN PAUL'S DAY TAUGHT A "DIFFERENT GOSPEL"( Gal. 1:6-9 ).
C. 4 PASSAGES HELP PUT THE GOSPEL IN PERSPECTIVE.
A. PERFECTION CAN'T BE IMPROVED ON BY ADDING OR SUBTRACTING.
B. THE PERFECT LAW CAME FROM THE PERFECT MIND.
1. Isa. 55:8-9. His mind is so much greater than ours.
2. Where has our wisdom led?( Prov. 14:12; Matt. 9:36 ).
A. "POWER" - dunamis, DYNAMIC, DYNAMITE.
1. The power of the gospel is God's.
2. God is all-powerful( Matt. 19:24-26; Jer. 32:17 ).
3. God's greatest work is the object of the gospel( 1 Cor. 10:4 ).
B. IT IS HIS POWER TO SAVE( 1 Cor. 1:21 ).
A. THE BIBLE LEAVES NOTHING OUT IN REGARD TO MAN'S SPIRITUAL NEEDS( 2 Pet. 1:3 ).
1. 1 Pet. 4:11. "Speak where the Bible speaks, be silent where the Bible is silent." A plea, not a claim.
2. There is no need for creeds, catechism or human opinion.
B. LET US NOTE SOME THINGS TAUGHT IN 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
1. Scriptures are inspired( 2 Pet. 1:20-21 ).
2. They are profitable for:
a. doctrine - That which is taught, substance of teaching.
b. reproof - Conviction of the wrong-doer.
c. correction - Restoring to an upright state; improving of the Christian character. The gospel leads one to an amending of ways.
3. Man may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.
A. THE GOSPEL WILL NEVER CHANGE( Jude 3; Heb. 7:27; 10:12 ).
B. IT WILL ENDURE TO JUDGE ALL( John 12:48; Rom. 2:16 ).
C. IT EMPOWERS US( 1 John 2:15-17 ).
A. IF GOD'S WORD IS SO POWERFUL, WHY AREN'T ALL MEN SAVED?
B. 1 Tim. 2:3-4. GOD WANTS ALL TO BE SAVED.
C. John 5:40. GOD HAS LEFT IT UP TO YOU. WON'T YOU COME?