The Character of God's Worker
A. THE MISSION OF THE CHURCH - PREACH THE GOSPEL.
B. WE MUST THEREFORE CONSIDER CAREFULLY THE CHARACTER OF
GOD'S PERSONAL WORKER.
C. THERE ARE MANY PASSAGES THAT DEAL WITH PERSONAL
EVANGELISM. HERE ARE 3 PASSAGES THAT WE WANT TO DEAL
WITH( Phil. 2:14-16; Col. 4:2-6; 1 Pet. 3:15-16 ).
A. Phil. 2:5-11. CHRIST'S OBEDIENCE & SERVITUDE TO BE IMITATED.
THIS DESCRIPTION OF CHRIST'S OBEDIENCE FOLLOWED BY AN
EXHORTATION TO PROPER LIFE & WORK( vs. 12-16 ).
1. "Work our your own sal." katergazomai,bring about, produce, cause
to happen( Acts 2:40 ). We cause by yielding in obedience. Emphatic word
2. "with fear & trembling." Reverence, respect the plan.
3. Why? Because God works in us, energeo,His tools,agents.
B. Col. 3:5-11. THE CHANGING OF THE CHARACTER & OUR CONDUCT
TOWARD OTHERS IS DISCUSSED BEFORE THE EXHORTATION.
C. 1 Pet. 2:1-2, 11-12, 4:1-4, 15-16.
A. Phil. 2:14. DO ALL THINGS WITHOUT QUESTIONING & MURMURING.
1. The Christian life is one of contentment( Phil. 4:4-7; 1 Pet. 5:7 ).
2. Rather than gripe & complain over things that don't go our way we ought to
rejoice( 1 Thes. 5:16 ).
3. 1 Cor. 10:10; Gal. 5:14-15. What does the world see? ( Phil. 2:15 ).
B. Col. 3:8-9, 11, 12-17.
C. 1 Pet. 3:8-9; 4:7-11.
A. Phil. 2:14-16. THE WORLD MUST BE HELD FORTH.
B. Col. 4:2-6.
1. We are to pray for the opportunity( vs. 3 ).
2. Redeeming the time( ftnt. )Sacrificing pleasure.
3. Our speech must befit that which we are doing( vs. 6 ).
4. "Ye" indicates my personal responsibility, "each one" indicates responsibilities scope.
C. 1 Pet. 3:15-16.
1. Sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord.
2. Always be ready.
3. Give answer to every man( 2 Tim. 2:15 ).
4. Yet with meekness and fear.
A. BEFORE WE CONVERT OTHERS, WE MUST CONVERT OURSELVES.
1. Do we have a love for souls?
2. Do we see our part in God's great work?
B. LET'S PREPARE!