A. LAST LESSON è GOD’S POWER SEEN THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS.
B. THAT DEMONSTRATED HIS ABILITY TO RAISE AND EXALT US.
C. IN OUR TEXT, WE ARE ALREADY RAISED ØØØ SPIRITUALLY.
A. THEY WERE SPIRITUALLY DEAD IN SIN (vs. 1; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:12).
B. “WHEREIN YE ONCE WALKED” – REFERS TO THEIR MANNER OF LIFE.
1. According to the course of this world (1 John 2:15-17).
2. According to the prince of the powers of the air (John 8:44; Eph. 6:12).
3. According to the spirit that works in the sons of disobedience (Phil. 3:18-19).
C. AMONG WHOM WE ALSO ONCE LIVED IN THE LUST OF OUR FLESH.
1. Both Jew & Gentile were lost before Christ (Rom. 3:9-10).
2. Doing the lusts of the flesh and mind (1 Pet. 2:11; 5:5-6).
3. By nature children of wrath – habitual practice – raised in a sinful environment
– a wicked and perverse generation (Phil. 2:15; Acts 2:40).
A. TOGETHER WITH CHRIST (1:3, 9-10)
B. RAISED US UP TOGETHER WITH HIM (Rom. 6:4).
C. MADE US TO SIT AT HIS RIGHT HAND IN HEAVENLY PLACES (Rev. 5:9-10).
D. HIS PURPOSE (vs. 7): IN AGES TO COME – THIS POINT FORWARD – HIS
GRACE TOWARD US IS MANIFEST IN HIS MERCY & LOVINGKINDNESS.
E. WHY? WHAT MOTIVATED GOD? (vs. 4) GOD LOVED US (John 3:16).
F. IT WAS BY GRACE AND MERCY.
1. Mercy implies action. Includes emotional aspect of God’s action.
2. Grace. Man’s own merit could not compel this action – It was undeserved.
A. GRACE IS GOD’S PART IN OUR REDEMPTION.
1. Before it can save it must find expression in Christ.
B. FAITH IS MAN’S PART AND, LIKE GRACE, MUST FIND EXPRESSION.
A. IF YOU BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS, EXPRESS YOUR FAITH BY DYING
TO SIN WITH CHRIST THROUGH HIS DEATH.
B. BE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH RIGHT NOW.