The Lost Piece of Silver
A. vs. 1-2. GIVE THE SETTING.
1. Jesus criticized for associating with sinners.
2. Jesus explains his purpose( Luke 5:29-30 ).
B. PHARISEES HAD NO CONCERN FOR THE WELFARE OF SINNERS.
1. Could the lack of concern have contributed to the loss of some?
2. Could our lack of concern or poor behavior contribute to the loss of souls?
A. SHE LOST THE COIN ... SHE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS.
B. THE CHURCH MAY LOSE MEMBERS TODAY. WHY?
1. We don't show hospitality & concern for strangers in our midst(Heb.13:1-2 ).
2. We fail to warn agains sin's danger( Gal. 6:1-2; Jude 22-23 ).
3. We fail to teach others and prepare them to take our place as teachers, elders,
and preachers( 2 Tim. 2:2; Heb. 5:12 ).
4. We fail to stress the necessity of faithfulness( Heb. 3:12; 10:24-25 ).
5. We fail to show interest and love( ( Eph. 4:1-3; Rom. 12:9-16 ).
6. We fail to live before others as we ought( Rom. 2:23-24 ).
A. SHE LIT A LAMP.
1. So she could see, we light one so they can see.
2. A lost soul cannot be found without the light of God's word
( Psa. 119:105; Phil. 4:14-16 ).
3. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation( Rom. 1:16 ).
4. Too many are trying to win people to Christ with other things!
B. SHE SWEPT THE HOUSE..
1. The church occasionally needs sweeping( 1 Cor. 5:4-5; 2 Thess. 3:6, 14-15 ).
2. House cleaning begins in my room( 2 Cor. 13:5; Matt. 7:1-5 ).
3. Is there something in my life that shouldn't be( 1 Pet. 2:11-12 ).
C. SHE SOUGHT DILIGENTLY FOR THE LOST COIN.
1. We sometimes don't show enough concern for the lost. She was active!
2. Love & concern produces diligence( Rom. 9:1-3; 2 Cor. 12:15 ).
3. Activity born out of desire( Matt. 9:36-38 ).
A. THE OBJECT OF OUR EFFORTS( 2 Tim. 2:24-26; James 5:19-20 ).
B. REJOICING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH( Luke 15:9-10 ).
A. ARE YOU A CHILD OF GOD?
B. DO YOU NEED FINDING?