A. THE CHURCH IS A DIVINE INSTITUTION WITH A DIVINE PURPOSE.
B. HUMAN WISDOM HAD NO PART IN THE DESIGN OF THE CHURCH.
1. Not built by man's power.
2. Not ruled by his authority.
A. GOD'S WISDOM WAS MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PREACHING OF
THE APOSTLES AND THE CHURCH( Eph. 3:8-10 ).
B. GOD PLANNED THIS FROM ETERNITY( vs. 11 ).
C. GOD, THEN, WAS THE BUILDER & ARCHITECT OF THE CHURCH.
1. The pattern is divine, the result of divine wisdom.
2. The nature & existence of the church evidence God's wisdom.
3. The pattern represents divine will which can't be disregarded.
a. The ark had a divine pattern( Gen 6:14 ).
b. The tabernacle had a divine plan( Ex. ).
c. Israel forsook the divine plan( Acts 7:37-44 ).
d. The church can learn from this( 1 Cor. 3:9-10 ).
e. The "true tabernacle"( Heb. 8:1-5; 2 Tim. 1:13 ).
D. RULED BY DIVINE AUTHORITY.
1. All authority is Christ's( Mat. 28: 18; Eph. 1:22-23 ).
2. Whatever the church does is by Christ's direction( Col. 3:17 ).
A. APOSTLES & PROPHETS- DIVINE REVELATION( Eph. 3:5 ).
B. EVANGELISTS- PROCLAIM THE WORD( 2 Tim. 4:1-2 ).
C. PASTORS & TEACHERS-
1. Pastors oversee congregations( Acts 20:28; 14:23 ).
2. We all are to grow to be teachers( Heb. 5:12 ).
D. DIVINE WISDOM & DIVINE ARRANGEMENT IMPLIES A DIVINE
A. ITS PRIMARY FUNCTION IS SPREADING THE GOSPEL
( 1 Tim. 3:15; Phil. 1:3-5; 1 Thes. 1:8 ).
B. EDIFICATION OF THE SAINTS( Eph. 4:12-16 ).
C. MINISTERING TO THE PHYSICAL NEEDS OF ITS OWN( Acts 2:42-47; 6:1;
1 Cor. 16:1-2 ).
D. ASSEMBLING FOR WORSHIP( Heb. 10:25; Acts 2:42 ).
A. GOD HAS GIVEN A DIVINE PATTERN FOR THE CHURCH.
B. HE HAS GIVEN A DIVINE PATTERN FOR OUR LIVES.
C. HE HAS GIVEN A DIVINE PATTERN FOR SALVATION.