The Mountain of Jehovah's House
A. THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE HOUSE OF JEHOVAH
THE CHURCH IN THE NEW TESTAMENT( 1 Tim. 3:15; Heb. 3:5-6 ).
B. PURPOSE: TO REVEA THE GLORY AND MAJESTY OF THE CHURCH.
A. Heb. 1:1-2, KJV; 1 Pet. 1:20 KJV.
B. Joel2:28f; Acts2:16-17. PETER AFFIRMS THE START OF THE LAST DAYS.
C. JEHOVAH'S HOUSE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
A. HAS TO DO WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF GOD'S HOUSE.
B. JESUS IS OUR KING( Matt. 28:18 ).
C. HE IS ABOVE ALL OTHERS( Eph. 1:20-23; 1 Pet. 3:22; Acts 2:36 ).
A. GOD'S PROMISE TO ABRAHAM INCLUDED ALL( Gen. 12:3 ).
B. THE GREAT COMMISSION( Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:38-39 ).
C. CHRIST'S DEATH MAKES THIS ALL POSSIBLE( Eph. 2:11-16 ).
D. ALL WHO BELIEVE CAN BE SAVED( Rom. 1:16 ).
A. WHAT MUST HAPPEN BEFORE WE COME TO JESUS?( John 6:44-45 ).
B. HOW IS GOD'S GRACE MANIFESTED TO US?( Titus 2:11-12 ).
C. NOTE PAUL'S REASONING( Rom. 10:10-15 ).
D. IS THE HOLY SPIRIT DIRECTLY INVOLVED?( 1 Cor. 1:21-24 ).
E. BUT ...( James 1:21-22 ).
A. HEBREW PARALLEL. THE LAW IS THE WORD( Matt. 7:21; John 12:48 ).
B. ZION AND JERUSALEM ARE THE SAME.
1. Zion was originally a hill on the SW end of Jerusalem. Jubusite fortress was
here. David moved in and brought the ark.
2. When Solomon built the Temple the ark was moved there. But the association
with the name "Zion" was so strong, the Temple Hill eventually became know as
Zion. Because the temple and ark were in Jerusalem, that city became known as
3. "Zion" in prophetic and NT writings refers to the presence of God and his
C. 2 POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS.
1. His law proclaimed by the "heavenly Jerusalem," the church( Heb. 12:22-24 ).
2. The beginning of the proclamation of the word was in Jerusalem
( Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:8 ).
A. GOD WILL BE THEIR ACCEPTED JUDGE( James 4:11-12 ).
B. ATTITUDES WILL CHANGE.
1. Weapons to Farm Implements.
2. Isa. 11:6-9; Hos. 2:18.
a. In Christ's company, Simon the Zealot and Matthew the Publican.
b. Eph. 2:11-19.
A. WE BID YOU "COME."( vs. 3 ).
B. HAVE YOU LEARNED HIS WAYS?
C. ARE YOU READY TO WALK IN HIS PATHS?