The Wicked vs. the Zion Dweller
A. 2 PSALMS CONTRASTING THE CHARACTER OF THE BELIEVER AND THE
B. SHOULD BE STUDIED TOGETHER.
A. THE UNBELIEVER IS FOOLISH ( vs. 1; Rom. 1:20 ).
1. His behavior ( Isa. 32:5-7 ).
2. His loss ( Isa. 35:8 ).
3. His works ( vs. 1 ).
B. MEN, INCLUDING BELIEVERS, EXAMINED( vs. 2; 2 Cor. 5:10 ).
C. ALL ARE FILTHY, BECAUSE NONE DOETH GOOD( vs. 3ff. ).
1. Does not reject man's righteousness, rather demands it
( Ez. 18:19; Acts 10:34-35 ).
2. None does right ( Rom. 3:9-10 ).
3. The unbeliever takes advantage ( vs. 4 ).
4. He recognizes not God ( vs. 4 ).
5. He makes light of the believer ( vs. 6 ).
D. GOD AVENGES.
1. He is with the righteous ( vs. 5; Rom. 8:31 ).
2. He delivers them ( vs. 7; 1 Thes. 1:9-10 ).
3. He speaks here of spiritual Israel ( Rom. 2:28-29 ).
4. The wicked from which deliverance was hoped were Jews.
A. THIS TABERNACLE REPRESENTS GOD'S PRESENCE. IT IS THE CHURCH IN
THIS AGE ( Heb. 8:2; 1 Cor. 3:16-17 ).
B. WHO DWELLS THERE?
1. He that walks uprightly - manner of life ( vs.2; Eph.4:1-4 ).
2. He that works righteousness – obeys ( vs.2; Jas.1:22; 2:24 ).
3. And speaks truth in his heart ( Mat. 12:36-37; Rev.21:8 ).
4. Slanders not with his tongue ( vs.3; Titus 3:2 ).
5. Nor does evil to his friend ( vs. 3; Prov. 6:12-14 ).
6. Doesn't take up a reproach against his neighbor - looks down on him –
holds him in shame ( vs. 3; Luke 18:11 ).
7. In whose eyes a reprobate(vile)is despised(condemned) (vs.4).
a. Love all, even enemies ( Mat. 5:44 ).
Yet condemns Pharisees ( Luke 18:11 ).
b. Recognize the wicked and avoid (1 Cor.15:33; Eph.5:11).
8. Honors them that fear Jehovah ( vs. 4: Rom. 12:9-10 ).
9. Sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
a. tells the truth in spite of the cost ( Rev. 21:8 ).
b. keeps his commitments ( 2 Tim. 2:13 ).
10. He that puts not out his money to interest. Doesn't refer to Savings and Loan.
Refers to helping the needy with a view of taking advantage
( Luke 6:30-38 ).
11. Doesn't take a reward against the innocent - doesn't choose friends or
sides on basis of what he can gain ( vs. 5 ).
A. THE ZION DWELLER IS NOT MOVED OR DESTROYED.
B. ARE YOU A ZION DWELLER?