A. AN OLD STANDARD – ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
B. WHEN WE “ALL” vs. WHEN THE “SAVED”
1. Changed in Sacred Selections. Everyone present may not go to heaven.
2. On the other hand, we hope that all do, and this song looks forward to that.
Music: Emily D. Wilson.
Words: Eliza E. Hewitt, in Pentecostal Praises, 1898.
(Ask me for background information)
D. EACH VERSE TELLS OF THE JOY AND GLORY OF FINALLY GETTING THERE.
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd He’ll prepare for us a place.
A. THE LOVE OF JESUS IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE.
1. It is immeasurable (Eph. 3:17-19).
2. But Jesus gives us some idea (John 15:13; 10:15).
3. It was an active love (1 John 3:16, 18).
B. THERE WAS NOTHING IN US THAT DEMANDED HIS LOVE – GRACE.
1. All are sinners (Rom. 3:23, 9-10).
2. As sinners, justice demands our punishment (Rom. 6:23; 1:27).
3. Salvation then is undeserved (Eph. 2:8-9).
4. But it is not unconditional (2 Cor. 6:2; Matt. 7:21).
C. THE RESULT OF THAT SALVATION (John 14:1-3)
While we walk the pilgrim pathway, Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over, Not a shadow, not a sigh.
A. WE ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE PILGRIMS (1 Pet. 1:17; 2:11-12).
1. Our citizenship is in Heaven (Phil. 3:20; Eph. 2:19).
2. We must not lose our identity or get comfortable here(1 Pet. 2:11; 1 John 2:15-17).
B. THERE IS ALWAYS A LONGING FOR HOME …CLOUDS COVER THE SKY.
1. Home is where the Lord is (Phil. 1:21, 23; 2 Cor. 5:8).
2. Home is where the heart is (Col. 3:1-2).
C. THERE IS NOTHING TO MAR OUR HEAVENLY HOME (1 Pet. 1:3-5; 2 Cor. 5:1).
Let us then be true and faithful, Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory Will the toils of life repay.
A. WE ARE STEWARDS OF GOD’S BOUNTY.
1. All good gifts come from God (James 1:17) through Christ (Eph. 1:3).
2. What is required first of a steward? (1 Cor. 4:1-2, cf. Parable of talents Matt 25).
B. WE MUST BE ZEALOUS AND READY (Eph. 2:10; Titus 2:14; 3:1).
C. OUR TOILS WILL BE REPAID (1 Cor. 15:58).
1. Above what we can imagine (Rom. 6:18)
2. We’ll be with the Savior (1 Thess. 4:17).
Onward to the prize before us! Soon His beauty we’ll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open; We shall tread the streets of gold.
A. WE MUST NOT BECOME COMPLACENT OR LAZY (Phil. 3:13-14).
B. “LET US NOT BE WEARY IN WELL DOING…” (Gal. 6:9).
C. JESUS WAS OUR EXAMPLE (Heb. 12:1-2). In Patience and Reward!
D. WE DON’T KNOW WHEN, BUT JESUS IS COMING (Heb. 9:27-28).
When we all get to heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus, We’ll sing and shout the victory!
A. THE MOST WONDERFUAL DAY EVER – WHEN WE SEE JESUS! (Psa. 27:4).
B. WE WANT EVERYONE TO SHARE IN THIS JOY!